Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Real life catching up

I seem to have hit the point where I'm losing motivation for this semester's workload. I only do one hour on a Monday at Rockingham (for EDN 113) and really, with the cost of fuel as high as it is, it's actually more cost effective to watch the on-line lecture.

So, yesterday I stayed home with a view to doing so.

Such a mistake. Yes, I could do that, but I'm an interactive person and I find I learn best when face to face with my teacher. I know I still have to listen to the other lecture and I'm wondering where I'm going to find the time. By going to the lecture, this time is already provided for me.

Today has been allocated as catch-up day. No housework, no TV. I'm going to work on my reading log and my web-page and download skype. I've done two of the library modules with two to go.

I'm not a technological person and I don't get excited about this stuff, but I do realise I need the marks to graduate and yes, this is important information for when I'm actually teaching, but right now I'm feeling a lack.

I think what I really need is a change of scenery. Time to pack the baby into the pram and my work into my bag and go study on the foreshore with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment