Sunday, February 20, 2011

Study study study

It's Sunday, presumably a day of rest, but for those of us with a Real Life (tm) it's anything but. Today I have study to do for both units with my focus mainly being on "Computers as Mindtools for Schools" by David H. Jonassen and "Learning with Technology: A Constructivist Perspective" by David H. Jonassen (the big guy in the industry from what I can tell), Kyle L. Peck and Brent G. Wilson.

Now, at this early stage of the game, I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be studying, so I'll probably take a skim, hit and miss approach by flicking through the volumes and making notes on any points that strike me as important. This has worked well for me in the past, so I figure, go with what you know.

I spent a large portion of last night watching the Star Trek movie (the latest one) and starting my reading log for FDN 102. Lee and I have decided to get rid of Foxtel next month (the cost of raising two families on one City of Rockingham income) so naturally all the good programmes are coming to my attention now. I watched an excellent documentary on BBC Knowledge the other day which really works well with my Foundation unit. It's an ongoing one that can be really beneficial. I'll also starting surfing the Technology channel* on Foxtel now to see what it has to offer in the coming weeks before our paid viewing goes bye-bye.

Now, back to study. Georgie's dying my hair in a few minutes while I pre-study for today's meeting. Once I get home I'll be tackling my unit reading and making the most of the books I have while I have them. Tomorrow is a short uni day for me. Lecture only with the corresponding tute on Wednesday. This is where a huge overlap occurs with the tute fitting nicely between the lecture and tute for Food for Thought.

Late edit: *There is no technology programme on Foxtel! Eep. There is a science channel, but that has little or nothing to do with technology (not even the "hitting two rocks together is technology" sort of technology.) We can get umpty-million channels on Food (useful for FDN 102 maybe) but nothing on on anything that I can use for EDN yada-yada. Shame, Foxtel, Shame.
(Derryn Hinch. Mostly in the 1990s. Various channels, depending on who was employing him at the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment